30/52: Pancakes and Surgery

Wednesday, August 2, 2017


Breakfast is getting trickier in the mornings because I started allowing cereal only once a week (and the floor is SO much cleaner because of it) and Edith never wants to be put down. But she LOVES food. So Andrew gave her one of the sourdough pancakes and she was so happy. A mess afterwards, but I got breakfast cooked and cleaned up in peace, so the trade-off was worth it!

We've been trying to prepare for her surgery on Friday emotionally and physically, and I'm trying to decide how to spend the time in the hospital... I think it'll be nice to have a little bit of a retreat, so I've deleted Facebook from my phone and will probably do the same with Instagram. I'll be bringing some books and some homeschool planning (music study planning, which I'm pretty darned excited about) to pass the time, and I'm thankful that we won't be there long enough for me to binge *too* much on chocolate! 

We get to be at the hospital at 5:30 AM on Friday for a 7:30 surgery. Thankfully Edith only has to fast starting at 3:30, which really shouldn't be too bad. As far as surgery goes, who knows? They'll go in through a keyhole incision in her side and then scope things out and see how invasive things need to be and whether they need to remove the entire affected lobe of her left lung (likely) or more than that (we hope not). If they can't remove it easily, they'll have to open her up - shorter surgery time, but more gnarly scar and slightly longer recovery time.

The surgeon estimates 2-4 days of hospital time, probably closer to 2 assuming things go as planned. So hopefully we'll be home Sunday? I'm definitely ready for this whole CPAM experience to be over and done with, that's for sure!

We so appreciate your prayers! Hopefully I'll have good news in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan